When registering on international dating sites, every woman should be prepared for the fact that if she meets a worthy foreign man and their first meeting shows that the sympathy that arose in communication was not an illusion, their relationship will develop for a certain time at a distance.
A long-distance relationship, and even more so an international relationship – a relationship with a representative / representative of another country, another culture – is a new experience for many couples and a severe test for their feelings. After all, such a relationship differs significantly from the usual form of relationship, when you can easily meet with the person you love and discuss any issue in your native language.
The obvious disadvantages of a long-distance relationship, a relationship with a foreigner, are distance, visa formalities, language barriers, and differences in mentality. Because of this, it is important that both partners make an effort and have an interest in maintaining the relationship.
Distance relationships have their own romance, too. Couples who live far away from each other value the time they spend together and try to make their meetings more memorable and fulfilling.
We give some tips on how to maintain harmony in a long-distance relationship.
1. Daily communication via e-mail and messengers (WhatsApp, Viber). Regular meetings in Skype. Distance can easily be overcome with the help of modern means of communication. It is important that the person you love is aware of the events of your life. By telling him how your day was, about your plans for the weekend, you make the man a part of your life, show that you trust him, that between you there is not just an exchange of letters once a week, but a full-fledged relationship.
2. Meetings. Meetings in real life are an important step in developing a relationship. They help you learn more about each other, get to know your partner’s lifestyle, family, friends, and imagine if you can enter his life and if his lifestyle suits you. Because when you move to another country, you may have to accept a lifestyle that is new to you.
A long-distance relationship requires patience. In an international relationship, not only distance separates partners, but also borders between countries. That is why it happens that the meeting/next meeting is not so easy to arrange. There is no need to despair, no need to break down because happiness with the man you love, as the ultimate goal, is worth the effort, worth the time invested. It is necessary to show the man you love that you are willing to overcome difficulties for his sake, that your relationship is special.
3. Trust. A harmonious relationship, whether it is a long-distance relationship or not, with a compatriot or a foreigner, can only be built by trusting each other. For this reason, it is strongly contraindicated to “spy” on your lover in social networks and try to control his every action.
Suspicion and jealousy must be fought and not allowed to destroy the relationship. It is important to talk openly with each other about many topics. Do not hide or conceal any life circumstances, do not ignore questions, letters and calls, be open to your loved one and do not give reasons for suspicion and doubts about the honesty and seriousness of your intentions.
4. Willingness to compromise and keep “peace” in the relationship. Situations can/will arise in a long-distance relationship that will require both to be willing to compromise. It will not always be right to stubbornly defend one’s opinion, one’s rightness – be it only because of a sense of pride. In the end, what is more important: to assert your position, even if it hurts the relationship, or agree with your partner, agree to a small concession in order to maintain harmony in the relationship? It is important to show “flexibility” and the ability to compromise for the sake of the person you love.
Clarification and scandals will not strengthen a long-distance relationship, a relationship with a foreigner. It is worth avoiding open confrontation and channeling arguments in a way that is positive for the relationship, so that they serve to develop the relationship rather than destroy it.
Another peculiarity of a relationship with a foreigner: it is quite difficult to clarify relations and argue when there is a language barrier and every third word has to be checked with a dictionary.
5. Peace of mind and confidence in the future. In a long-distance relationship, there is often fear associated with the future, with the development of the relationship. There is no need to rush things and put the lover before a choice. Such decisions as moving to another country and marrying a foreigner are better to take in a balanced way, without succumbing to the pressure of emotions. Each person has his own “speed” of making decisions. Someone is ready to rush headlong into a maelstrom after the first meeting to cool down after a while and realize the hastiness of his decision. Some will need time and a gradual development of the relationship. If you rush the person or put him before making a choice, you will probably lose him. Before a couple decides to formalize a relationship and live together, it is necessary to get to know each other, get to know your partner’s lifestyle and surroundings.
Finally, we would like to mention one interesting feature of the German language. In German there is a separate word for a long-distance relationship. “Fernbeziehung.”. The word was born from the combination of the adjective “fern” (distant, far, distant) and the noun “Beziehung” (relationship). Likewise the name of our website “MeetKing” formed from “fern” and “Liebe” (love). After all, our dear men and women who registered on “MeetKing” went on a “virtual journey” to find their one and only love.