It is not easy for everyone to find an approach to a stranger, let alone to start acquaintance with one. Strangers find it difficult, not only to make the first step to get acquainted, but also to find the right words for each other. They are afraid of seeming intrusive, funny or being criticized by a stranger. For Slavic women, these fears are reinforced because of the stereotypes prevalent in Eastern European society. It is not “proper” for a woman to show interest in a man, it is not proper for her to take the initiative and get acquainted with a man she likes first…
Internet dating (especially dating with foreigners) is subject to other laws!
- You’re separated by distance. This means that you are not face to face. Therefore you should not blush because of your boldness 😉 Believe me, it’s easier to write a letter or a short message than it is to make an attempt to get to know a stranger by looking him in the eye.
- No one will judge you. No one in your inner circle will know that you are brave enough to meet foreign men (unless you tell them so).
- Foreigners are not familiar with the stereotypes of behavior accepted in your country. This means that a man from another country will not reproach you if you want to meet him, will not point out to you the inappropriateness of such behavior for a lady, will not criticize you for it*. On the contrary, he will be glad to receive your letter!
Do you prefer to passively wait for a sign of attention from an interesting man?
If you are still waiting in vain for letters from men you like, and the suitors who show attention to you do not fit / do not like you, then you need to change something!
We would like to give you four simple tips:
- Without taking the first step, you’ll never know what might have happened, where familiarity would have led.
- Don’t think in terms of “what if…” (e.g., “what if he doesn’t like me…what if he thinks of me… I would be embarrassed and even ashamed”), and act. Just put aside your doubts and act. After all, your happiness is at stake! If you make the first step, you really do not make the right impression on the man, the acquaintance you have not formed, and thus he will remain a stranger to you. His opinion of you won’t be able to change anything in your life or change your life for the worse. Do you really care so much about other people’s opinions that you would sacrifice your chance to be happy because of them?
- Believe in yourself, your charm and uniqueness! Do not be afraid to be different from others, thus you will only become for him the only and unique.
- Forget about dating stereotypes prevalent in your country. No one knows about them abroad and they are alien to foreign men.
In the minds of most Europeans, man and woman are equal. And we do not get tired of repeating this! For a European man to receive a message from a woman on a dating site is simply normal, there is nothing beyond “propriety”, nothing that offends the dignity of a woman. And since it is a normal “phenomenon” for them, they do not pay as much attention and weight to this fact as the Slavs do. A European, having received a letter from a lady, will not consider her behaviour indecent, vulgar or unworthy of a respectable woman. He will not even have such a thought, however, such thoughts, unfortunately, are firmly rooted in the minds of Slavic women. The European man’s reasoning: a mature, self-assured woman knows what she wants from life and from men. If she is interested in getting to know the man she likes, she can make a move. There is absolutely nothing unnatural about it.
* If you firmly believe that it is not appropriate for a woman to court a man first, this belief can play a cruel trick on you when you do decide to make the first move. Our beliefs, what we sincerely believe, can help us realize our desires or serve as a barrier to their fulfillment. For example, if I do not believe in dating foreigners, then I am not destined to meet a man from abroad, because I will unconsciously do everything to prevent this.