“…She knew that you don’t have to have a man around at all costs–you can be a lonely but happy man.” Steve Harvey “You Know Nothing About Men”
The idea that every man strives to find his other half is as old as the world. Even the ancient Greek philosopher Plato told the following story in his Dialogue of the Feast: Once upon a time we were one – half man, half woman. Zeus became jealous of human beings and divided them. Thus love, longing and yearning arose. Once the two halves meet again, love, friendship and trust develop between them, so that man and woman no longer wish to separate. This beautiful story tells us that the goal of our earthly journey is to find our other half, the missing part of the whole.
However, it is not easy to meet the right life partner. For this reason, many women may experience and even suffer from feelings of loneliness for years. In this article, we would like to touch upon the issue of female loneliness and help women suffering from loneliness to reconsider their attitude to the status of a free woman, to change the direction of their thoughts in order to get rid of the oppressive state of hopelessness. Many people would agree with the statement: how acutely we feel loneliness depends on our state of mind and, first of all, on our thoughts.
It is necessary to distinguish between actual “loneliness”-the status of being a free woman-and feeling lonely-the whole gamut of experience that is within us. The feeling of loneliness, not the actual absence of a stamp in a passport, makes a woman vulnerable and vulnerable. It means that we feel lonely when we focus our thoughts in that direction. An acute sense of loneliness makes a woman vulnerable, insecure, susceptible to other people’s opinions and criticism. And despair and hopelessness are bad helpers in the search for a relationship.
In order to ensure that negative emotions do not affect one’s well-being, decision-making, and quality of life, one must rethink one’s attitude toward loneliness.
The fact that a man is absent or temporarily absent from a woman’s life should not affect her sense of self-worth. The fact that a woman has not yet met a worthy man does not diminish the value of her personality, nor does it make her less attractive, successful, or feminine. Loneliness is not her flaw, it is a coincidence or a conscious choice.
It is necessary to realize and accept the fact of temporary loneliness without falling into “panic” at the same time. A sense of acute loneliness and despair associated with it affect a woman’s energy, how she communicates with men – potential suitors, how she presents herself. First of all, a woman’s self-esteem suffers, and a man feels it when communicating with her. A woman who literally suffers from loneliness arouses feelings of pity. Men, on the other hand, are attracted to women who are happy and confident.
How do you keep your sanity and not let feelings of loneliness get in the way of enjoying life?
- Remind yourself more often of your own value: as a caring mother, as an attentive daughter, as a versatile and interesting person, as an irreplaceable employee and specialist in your field, as an attractive woman.
- Smile more. A smile can not only lift your spirits, but also charm a man!
- Try to put your thoughts in a positive direction. Waking up every morning, think about how many opportunities the new day brings! Maybe today you will meet an interesting man or you will get new opportunities in the professional sphere. Be inquisitive and greet each new day with a smile and a head held high.
- Don’t take other people’s questions or comments about your personal life to heart. Talking about his relationship with his wife (then future wife), Steve Harvey, in his book You Know Nothing About Men, writes: “…She knew that quite You don’t have to have a man around at all costs. – It is possible to be a lonely but happy man. Indeed, it’s important to be happy with a man, not just to have a relationship, for status, visibility, or a “checkmark.”
- Diversify your own leisure time and pay more attention to other aspects of life instead of thinking about your lack of a relationship. The task of any activity (whether it’s hobbies, sports or meetings with girlfriends) is to rid you of constant thoughts of an unsettled personal life, to teach you to enjoy a free life and make you understand a simple truth: the status of a free woman is not a sentence, it has its advantages. The most important thing is that a beautiful love story, a meeting with the only and long-awaited still awaits you ahead!
- Pamper yourself. Every day do something good only for yourself! However, not to the detriment of your figure 😉
- Think about your own strengths, not your weaknesses. In other words: remember your victories, not your defeats, more often.
- И… keep looking for your man 🙂 Without fanaticism and exaggerated hopes, however, systematically and patiently. Maybe with a little bit of excitement, but certainly with an interest in new acquaintances. These days, there are a huge number of opportunities for dating. You don’t have to wait for a random set of circumstances or the grace of fate, you can take your personal life “under control” yourself!
Loneliness, unsettled personal life, desire to find a reliable and loving man – all these are reasons why many women register on international dating sites, hoping to meet a foreigner. However, we would like to mention that the decision to search for a man from abroad should be made not because of a momentary feeling of loneliness, hopelessness or despair, but if you are sure that you want to tie your life with a foreigner. Because finding a foreign husband, a long-distance relationship, moving to another country and integrating into a new society, requires patience, courage and confidence in your chosen path. These are not decisions that are made under the influence of emotions or a momentary mood.
1. Plato, Dialogue “The Feast”.
2. Steve Harvey, “You Know Nothing About Men.