The year was 1966, and despite the hippie counterculture movement of the time that preached “free love” (a movement that rejected marriage), The Newlywed Game was a huge TV hit. The show ran until 1974.
The premise of The Newlywed Game was to get newlyweds to take turns answering questions about their marriage or their spouse. These questions often became quite risqué, usually done suggestively. For example, host Bob Eubanks would refer to sex as “doing whoopee.” But sometimes the answers were not suggestive and instead showed contestants talking freely about their personal sex habits.
One woman on the show – now on YouTube – answered her Newlywed Game question about what her husband does right before bed by saying they have sex, adding that it’s their nightly routine. Most women probably answered, ‘Brushes their teeth.’
Or another woman who answered this question to Newlywed Game, ‘Where is the strangest place you’ve ever done whoopee?”, By answering, ‘In the butt’. The host was looking for an actual place, like in the vehicle or Las Vegas.
There are four couples, all newlyweds, who are willing to answer questions about the newlywed game, along with someone to ask the questions. The game begins with the husbands leaving the room while a host asks the wives three questions. (But if you’re playing, you can have the wives leave the room first if you like). Once all the wives answer, the husbands return and are asked the same questions to see if their answers match those of their wives. This is the goal.
Now the wives leave the room so the husbands can answer the questions about the newlywed game. Each matching answer earns the couple points. The couple that has the most points at the end of the game wins. And the couples who do not make many games? Well, everyone hears quarrels or arguments.
Now that you know all about the Newlywed game, you can play it with your sweetheart and some of your friends. We’ll start with some tame questions, but they won’t stay tame for long!
The game usually consists of three questions for the wives and three questions for the husbands (and then a bonus question). However, you can choose as many questions as you like. In the TV show, points were scored as follows: In the first round, correct answers scored 5 points. In the second round, correct answers scored 10 points, and the bonus question was worth 25 points. In case of a tie, the couples were asked how many points they would have at the end before the game started. The next answer is the tiebreaker.
Questions for the Newlywed Game (Tame Version)
Round 1 (when the husbands leave the room)
- When you say, ‘They’re playing our song,’ what song is it?
- If you could get rid of one item that your husband owns, what would it be?
- Your husband is in a waiting room. Which magazine will he choose: Time, People, Maxim, Sports Illustrated or National Geographic?
Round 2 (when the women leave the room)
- If you had to choose, would you or your wife be the money giver and who would be the money saver?
- Which of your friends does your wife think is hot?
- What is your wife’s favorite dessert?
- Bonus question: What is the most money your wife has spent on a pair of shoes?
You can also adapt some of the questions from this list to the game if you like!
Questions for the Newlywed game (Racy version)
Round 1 (when husbands leave the room)
- Where do you want him to kiss you the most?
- What is the hottest part of your body?
- How does your husband know when you are in the mood?
Round 2 (when women leave the room)
- How long does a “Whoopee” session usually last?
- Complete this sentence: My wife turns me on when she ______________.
- What naughty word do you use most with your wife?
- Bonus question: Which role-playing game would you most likely choose: Teacher / Student, Doctor / Patient, Master / Slave, or Prisoner / Guard?
Additional questions for the newlywed game
- What are three things you would save if your house was on fire?
- What is your partner’s favorite fast food?
- What reality show would you like to be on?
- What habit of your partner annoys you the most?
- Which one of you has the higher IQ?
- What dress does your wife wear that makes her look the hottest?
- Does your wife (secretly) like porn?
- What is your husband’s best Superman performance?
- If your husband had to make dinner, what would he make?
- What do you wish your wife would never wear again? (Tips for sexy dressing Here )
- If your husband could be single again, would he choose to be single for a minute, a day, a month, or a year?
- What color panties is your wife wearing right now?
- Which wedding gift did your husband like least?
- Using the first letter of your last name, think of a word to describe your first date.
- What is the best thing you can do to make your husband happy?
- When does your husband think about sex the most: when he’s watching TV, when he’s working out, or when he’s eating a sandwich?
- What is your wife’s number one turn on and turn off? Or what turns your husband on? ?
- How many times a day does your wife think about sex?
- Which body part is your husband most proud of?
- What unusual place you made love turned out to be a failure?
- What would be easiest and hardest for your wife to give up for a month: TV, coffee, or sex?
- What would your husband say is the first thing men notice about you?
Consult this list of sex questions for more ideas too! When you ask questions, you should avoid these awkward questions.
Newlywed game can be a lot of fun. Try it as a double date! And it can be adapted to couples who are not married, or to couples who have been married for a while. You can customize the game to your liking. You can ask more questions for each round, or you can have more rounds. What’s fun is the discussion everyone has after answering the Newlywed Game question. When the game is over, you will surely know more about your treasure and more about your friends.