The Olympic Games program consists of 26 sports activities, 30 disciplines and almost 300 occasions. It is a worldwide occasion with monumental curiosity and cultural significance in our world. As such, I wish to formally submit Online Dating/Dating to the International Olympic Committee for consideration of inclusion as an Olympic sport for the 2012 or 2016 video games.
Think that is simply one other boneheaded concept from your pals within the online dating world? Consider this:
Olympic sports activities are ruled by International Sports Federations (IFs) who’re in flip recognised by the International Olympic Committee (IOC) as the worldwide supervisors of their respective sports activities. In layman phrases, which means the massive canine IOC lets the little canine IFs handle all the things on an area stage. Well, such somewhat canine already exists within the online dating world within the type of respected online dating web sites. That is true, there are some respected dating web sites which can be adequate to be referred to as established “Federations.” These web sites may be the worldwide governing physique of online dating! That was step one. Now to persuade the IOC that online dating is a sport.
In phrases of Olympic competitors, give it some thought we might classify the online dating world into males, and ladies, then break it down additional into particular weight lessons, and even character varieties inside these weight lessons. These women and men would then compete with each other bodily (via flirting), intellectually (via questioning) and visually (bodily look). It is the right mix of a sport. The successful Gold medalist should spend years within the fitness center coaching to be bodily sound, spend years in class or the library “learning” to grow to be sensible, and behind all of the muscle groups and misogynistic mind, nonetheless be swish in supply and presence. The winner of the online dating can be excellent athlete, the Opus Olympian.
Not satisfied it might work? Maybe your thoughts will change after studying this:
In October 2004, the IOC established an Olympic Programme Commission who’s job was to assessment all present sports activities, and different non-recognised Olympic sports activities. In this assessment the purpose was to use a scientific and class strategy to every sport and consider whether or not or not it met the factors for inclusion within the Olympic video games as a recognised Olympic sport. This Commission got here up with seven standards to evaluate whether or not a sport needs to be included or not.
1) History and custom of the Sport
3) Popularity of the game
5) Athletes’ well being
6) Development of the International Federation that governs the game
7) Costs related of internet hosting/enjoying the game
The above seven standards my associates is what a sport or self-discipline has to fulfill as a way to be thought-about for inclusion on the Olympic Games. Period.
Does Online dating meet these 7 standards? Lets discover out:
1) History and Tradition – Check! Dating is the oldest custom on the planet that was round earlier than any of immediately’s present Olympic sports activities.
2) Universality – Check! I’m fairly certain dating and the game of interpersonal communication and sparing has common attraction. I imply, we do it day by day!
3) Popularity of the game – Check! I’d say Dating was fairly common. Wouldn’t you? Everybody does it. Even animals. I do not see penguins enjoying Soccer or Baseball, however I do see them date.
4) Image – Check! Dating is all about attraction and reflecting a optimistic and exquisite self picture. Those who partake within the sport of dating exude the very best normal of picture in comparison with any sport picture or sport athlete! Who likes so far an unbathed, impolite, and soiled human being? Puhleeze.
5) Athletes Health – Check! Dating athletes date, and date usually. As such, they take their very own private well being very critically. Education about Sexually Transmitted Disease begin at a younger age, and practising secure intercourse to take care of good sexual well being is a part of the day by day routine for many who date.
6) Development for International Federation that governs the game: Check! The International Federation for Online Dating, a good dating web site, would very a lot profit from online dating being included within the Olympic video games.
7) Low value of holding the game: Check! How a lot does it value to take a look at the individual subsequent to you and begin a dialog?
In conclusion, Online Dating meets all the factors for inclusion as an Olympic sport, in some ways higher than present Olympic sports activities. Consider Curling – Who is that serving to? How about Fencing? Serious folks… how on earth is swatting anyone with a chunk of wire going to profit folks or undertaking a superb self picture? Give me a break.
So with out additional adieu, I wish to formally submit online dating to the International Olympic Committee for consideration and recognition as a recognised Olympic Sport within the yr 2012 or 2016…and even 2020. I’m not choosy.
Thank you very a lot.