On the pages of our blog we repeatedly touched upon the importance of selecting photos for your profile on a serious adult dating site with foreigners. Today we would like to tell you more about choosing the main photo of your profile/presentation on an international dating site: why should you pay special attention to choosing the main photo?
Differences between virtual and real dating
Distant dating through the dating site has slightly different “rules” and “regularities” than real dating: because of the coincidence of life circumstances, when a man and a woman for the first time meet and see each other in real life, in everyday life. For example:
- When a man and a woman meet in a real situation, a glance or a smile may be enough to understand each other, to express their sympathy. Silence for lovers can be pleasant and full of meaning. However, when getting acquainted with a foreigner on a dating site you cannot do without words! It is necessary to be ready to correspond, to talk on the phone, because silence in this situation is interpreted as a lack of interest in continuing communication.
- Getting acquainted in a real situation, we can perceive the image of the person as a whole: appearance, speech, manner of behavior and communication. Getting acquainted at a distance and not being able to observe the person in the “real time” mode, to see his behavior, reaction, manner of holding ourselves, we perceive his image in parts: we establish the connection between the photos and letters. We ourselves connect and sometimes complete disparate parts of the whole. For example, we give the man we like the qualities we would like him to have. In this process, often involved hopes, dreams and desires. It happens that we ourselves invent, create a full-fledged/desired image that has nothing to do with the real man.
These are just a few of the differences between online and offline dating. The reason we mentioned this is to make you aware of the differences and that you should be aware of them. We recommend making a distinction between virtual dating and real dating so you can use it to get to your objective of meeting the right guy.
What is the role and importance of the main picture of the questionnaire?
Let’s get back to the topic we are interested in today, namely, the importance of the main picture of the profile. Internet dating is dating based first of all on visual impressions. On a dating site we view profiles of applicants and make our choice based on the information we can read in a questionnaire. If we consider the process in details, the first impression which affects our interest and readiness to open a questionnaire and read the information therein, is produced by the principal photo of the questionnaire. The photo that is displayed in the catalogue of profiles on the international dating site.
How men make their choice on dating site? “Men love with eyes”. It does not matter about a foreign or Slavic cavalier in question, a man’s sympathy in the first place is of a visual nature. Simply put, on a dating site, a man will want to meet a woman he likes in a photo. In this context, the main photo of the questionnaire / presentation on the international dating site plays a very important role, because it is the first visual impression a man has of a woman, it is literally the first thing he will see:
- In the search results / in the directory of women’s profiles on the international dating site.
- When a man receives a message from a woman, first of all he will see a thumbnail of the main photo of her profile.
- Having received “Sympathy” (on international dating site fernliebe you can express your interest in dating a man by clicking on “Heart” in his profile, thus expressing your sympathy to him), a man will first of all pay attention to the main photo of her profile.
If a photo attracted a man’s attention, interested him, he will open a woman’s profile and read the information she specified, view additional photos of the profile.
Of course, dating and relationship with a foreigner are complicated spheres of interpersonal communication. It’s impossible to limit them only with beautiful photos. After all, photos don’t reflect personal qualities of a person, the depth and fullness of his inner world. However, we would like to remind you of a simple truth: the nature of women, her sincerity, warmth, beauty of her inner world a man can learn and feel just starting dating her. And start dating, write the first message a man will want a woman he liked, attracted him outwardly.
How to choose the main photo of the profile?
Each man is individual and it is impossible to say for sure what photo will arouse his interest. However, our experience in the sphere of international dating helped us to formulate some tips for choosing a main picture of your profile.
- The main photograph of the profile should stand out, be remembered and even be “conspicuous” in search results / in the catalogue of women’s profiles. After all, its task is to attract attention of men!
- The main requirement to the main picture: you must be visible! Well seen must be the features, eyes, smile. A man should not look closely, trying to figure out who the questionnaire belongs to. Questionnaires with photos that do not show a woman clearly, do not attract attention and, as a consequence, are “lost” in search results.
- A profile with a picture of a woman with a smile on her face is more apt to make an acquaintance than one with a picture of a woman with a serious expression on her face. This is because on a subconscious level, a serious expression on a man’s face “tells” him there is a greater chance of being rejected. In delicate situations such as making introductions or showing sympathy, many people want to avoid the obvious possibility of being rejected.
- A photograph – a portrait – is optimal.
- Moderate makeup that emphasizes natural beauty.
- Not all full-length photos are suitable for the role of the main photograph. When choosing a full-length photo, make sure it’s taken from an acceptable distance and allows a man to see your face without looking closely.
- Professional photos are fine, but make sure they look natural and not glossy for a fashion magazine.
As the main picture of the form is not suitable:
- Photographs taken at a great distance, that is, all those pictures in which you can not see the face and the woman herself turns into a silhouette or merges with the background.
- Black and white photos.
- Blurry photos, poor quality photos, darkened or blurred photos – all photos in which it is difficult to see facial features at a glance.
- Photos with sunglasses on.
- Photos that obscure facial features. For example, selfies where part of your face is hidden by your smartphone.
- Photos that show only half of your face. For example, profile photos.
- Photos that show more than one person.